Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shutter Island


Holy moly.

Many of the girls in my book club read this several months ago and raved. I am a huge wimp, though, and thought it sounded scary so I wasn't interested. A few months later I was looking for a new audio book and figured I'd give Shutter Island a try.

Then I waited several more months after downloading it, still thinking it was too scary. (It isn't scary.)

I finally started listening and was immediately caught up in the story. Teddy Daniels, a US Marshall, is sent to Shutter Island, site of a mental hospital for the criminally insane because a patient had gone missing. I don't want to say any more about the plot because I don't want to spoil anything and because you just need to read it.

I'm not sure if it'll make my top 10 list for the year, but it's definitely in the running. The movie is also really good and a great adaptation of the book.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have been wanting to read this book! This totally reminded me to download it, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you read it and loved it. It was one of my favorites this year too!

    ReplyDelete