Thursday, July 1, 2010

Love, Rosie

I really enjoyed Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern. She also wrote P.S. I Love You, which was made into a movie. I read P.S. I Love You a few years ago and remember liking it. I also have her book A Place Called Here, which I may pick up soon since I enjoyed this one so much.

Love, Rosie is the story of a couple who grew up together, but didn't realize they were in love. Marriages, kids, and life all prolong their (and ours, as the readers) agony. It was definitely a book in which I wanted to yell at the main characters to wake up and recognize what was right in front of them.

It is chick lit, but definitely not the standard formula. It is an epistolary, a book that is in the form of letters, emails, a diary, etc, which I really love.

The ending was predictable, but it was well worth the read. I cried. And it wasn't just getting teary. It was a gasping sobbing snotty cry.

So far, I'm impressed with Ahern.

1 comment: