Monday, July 26, 2010

July Library Book Sale

My library added a new book sale in July. (It used to be November and April only.) I, of course, volunteered and bought books. Since I'm really trying to get my books I own but haven't read (2010 challenge) pile under control, I did a really good job or not buying lots of books.

I grabbed a few books I'd already read that I wanted for my collection (The Omnivore's Dilemma, The Monster of Florence, and To Kill a Mockingbird), a few kids books (American Girls and Little House on the Prairie books), and a very few new books (The House at Riverton, which I was thrilled to get for $2 and Confessions of an Economic Hitman.) And, I donated more books than I bought!

In 4 days, we raised $6600. Everybody wins!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go in not bringing home more than you donated!

    ReplyDelete