Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

I'd read this book of Sherlock Holmes stories when I was 12 or 13. I recently reread it and remembered many of the stories. How could you forget The Speckled Band?

My family and I visited London when I was in middle school. We visited 221B Baker Street. I picked up a cool illustrated copy while we were there. I also remember listening to the audio versions of the stories while we'd lay out on our deck and look at the stars.

Sherlock Holmes stories give me warm fuzzies from these memories.

I enjoyed the reread. The mysteries were really fun. I remembered a couple of the outcomes, but not all of them. I like how they are told from the view point of Dr. Watson, who despite seeing Holmes solve mystery after mystery, is constantly in awe of his methods.

If you haven't read them and like mysteries, I highly suggest any of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries.

1 comment:

  1. It is so funny that this is your post for today! Last night, Adam and I watched the movie, Sherlock Holmes, and I distinctly thought - I need to tell Kennedy to re-read these for her blog! I loved the stories too. And while the movie wasn't true-to-form, it was still entertaining. Worth a pick-up if you see it....
    Katie

    ReplyDelete