Friday, June 17, 2011

Bossypants

If you didn't love Tina Fey as Sarah Palin during the 2008 elections, I'm sorry. You must not have a sense of humor. If you didn't enjoy those segments you won't enjoy her book. Otherwise, definitely pick it up!

Tina Fey is hilarious. Her book, Bossypants, is a memoir of growing up and her life in showbiz. My husband loves 30 Rock and I watch it as much as I watch any TV show, so when we were getting ready for a long car trip, I figured we'd both enjoy this.

And we both did! We went to Yellowstone for the weekend and the drive flew by. We laughed out loud and found segments that were really insightful. She had great stories to share. Her thoughts on women comedians were interesting. She asks why she was perceived as mean for her imitations of Palin, while the men who had performed skits of Ford, Clinton, Bush, etc were just funny. I don't know why I'd never thought of it that way, but duh.

Fey narrates the audio version, which I'm sure made it even more enjoyable. The audio version came with a pdf of pictures that she talks about in the book, so you aren't missing out of them. (This is one pet peeve I have of audio books, not being able to see the pictures that were published as a part of the paper book.) The audio book also has the actual SNL clips of her and Amy Poehler doing Palin and Hillary Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment