Monday, June 28, 2010

The Poisonwood Bible

I first read The Poisonwood Bible back in 2007 .

This is my review from back then:

"I had been told to read this book several (5!) years ago after seeing a movie about the ill-fated Lumumba and being interested in the history of the Congo during that period. For whatever reason, I never got around to it til a recent trip when I had to time to do some reading. Wow. I should have read this book years ago. The history is really interesting as the story of the Price family envelopes you. Any time a book gets you to feel so much emotion, its a good one. So if you've been like me, having this book on your to-read list, get to i
t!"

I reread it recently and still loved it. It is one of my all time favorites.

1 comment:

  1. I read this many years ago and remember enjoying it, though I can't remember anything of the book now. Maybe it is time for a re-read for me too.

    ReplyDelete