Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mating Rituals of the North American WASP

I love this cover. The book wasn't half bad either!

It's chick lit so you know how it's going to end. However, it was exactly the kind of light beach read type book I was looking for. It was a very quick read for me. I didn't want to put it down.

I got sick of chick lit a few months ago. I read Holly's Inbox, which I thought had every chick lit cliche (main character with a crappy job and money problems, supportive friends, embarrassing parents, crappy ex, etc.) Holly's Inbox was a warmed over Bridget Jones's Diary.

Mating Rituals of the North American WASP did have these standard chick lit devices, but it still felt interesting and unique. Plus, I'm a sap for a happy if somewhat unrealistic ending.

I let a friend borrow this, and a friend of hers who obviously didn't know what a WASP is was rather confused as to why she was reading about wasps. Ummm.

I've got several more chick lit books to read. I sadly have no plans for the beach this summer, but if it ever warms up enough for the outdoor pool to open (they close the pool if it's not 65+ degrees) I'm feeling better about picking them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment