Wednesday, May 5, 2010

eBook Reader

A few months ago, I joined the late 2000s by getting a phone that does more than call people. It's an HTC Droid which is similar to an iPhone (which aren't available in Wyoming since we don't have AT&T.)

One of the apps my husband thought I would like is the Aldiko reader. I downloaded it, but hadn't used it.

Yesterday, I had some down time at the polls. I finished the book I brought with me, so I picked up my phone and looked at the app. It was great. I downloaded Sense and Sensibility (free--public domain) and read about a quarter of it. I was a bit skeptical about reading on the little screen, but the font size is adjustable. It ended up being a lot easier than I expected!

Worked great in a pinch and with all the free books, I'm sure it'll come in handy again!

1 comment: