Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spark

This was a sale book on audible so I picked it up at Evan's urging. "You need to exercise more. Buy that one." And after reading Spark, I will definitely be exercising more.

Spark talks about how exercise improves your brain: helps learning, fights depression, even postpones dementia. Spark goes far beyond the idea of a runner's high and talks about what happens in the brain due to exercise. It was fascinating.

If you need motivation to exercise, Spark is going to give it to you. I listened to the audio book. I left it on my ipod for when I need a reminder about getting off my butt and getting moving. But, mainly, when I'm feeling stressed (which is happening more often since school is drawing close) I just need to get out and move. It's good for me in so many different ways.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I think I would like this one. I do like to exercise but who can't use some more motivators when we get into a slump? Great find!

    ReplyDelete