Friday, August 20, 2010

The Spellman Files

My mom and I are big fans of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, so when someone suggested this series to her based on the love of Stephanie, she picked it up. She enjoyed it and I did too.

There are some definitely similarities between the two series, including female main characters involved in mysteries and funny secondary characters.

Isabel Spellman works for her parents' private investigation firm. The book is centered around her wacky family and their adventures.

If you are fan of Evanovich, you should pick this up. I've felt like the Stephanie Plum series is getting close to jumping the shark (Ranger or Morelli, Morelli or Ranger), so finding a similar series that felt fresh was good.

The Spellman Files was a fun mix of humor and mystery, with a teeny bit of romance. There are four books in this series. I'm definitely going to read them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment